Monday, February 3, 2014

Fashion Inspired by: Hogwarts Houses (Formal Dinner Party)

It is perfectly clear that I am a die-hard Potterhead.

I simply love anything that has to do with the Harry Potter universe. I also happen to be crazy about fashion so when the two clash, it becomes paradise for me.

Last time I did a post on Outfits Inspired by my favorite (female) characters, and this time I started the first part on a series I like to call Fashion Inspired by: Hogwarts' Houses. The first part is (fanfare, please!) FORMAL DINNER PARTY. So here they are; the outfits which represent every one of the Houses. Choose yours!




SLYTHERIN

I really feel like Slytherin is one of the hardest houses to take inspiration from (the other one being Hufflepuff) because of its colors; green and silver. You have to be really careful when combining the two because you do not want it to look tacky. In Slytherin's case, less is more I think. Anyway, I decided on a striped and simple black/silver dress and beautiful emerald stud earrings. For the shoes I thought the best choice was to pair the dress off with these awesome silver Gianvito Rossi heels.


GRYFFINDOR
Next up Gryffindor! Scarlet and gold are its colors and I absolutely LOVED this scarlet dress. It is so classy and yet fiery, which I think are definitely the best two traits of the Gryffindor House. I landed on this very delicate pearl necklace with a gold chain. And for the shoes I picked these breathtaking Manolo Blahnik heels. What is is with me and metallic shoes?! I loved this one. 


RAVENCLAW
Ravenclaw, its colors are blue and bronze which for me were quite easy to put together because I've noticed that one of my favorite colors for clothing is blue. I almost ALWAYS dress in it. I decided on an amazing skater type dress in a very satisfying blue hue. I chose a couple of sparkling bronze earrings and for the shoes, cobalt suede Manolo Blahniks!

HUFFLEPUFF
And last but not least, Hufflepuff. Black and yellow are the House's colors and like I said before it was a bit complicated to work with the color yellow. Some people may think that the tone is canary yellow, but it actually is a bit more mustard-ish. I found this beautiful mustard colored dress which I think is quite nice. I paired it off with a very elegant sparkling black and gold necklace and wrapped up the outfit with a couple of simple black Louboutins, because who doesn't love a pair am I right?!


So that's the four of the Houses, and since I am somewhere in between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw I can't quite choose one. I call myself a "RAVENPUFF". Which one would you wear?


*kisskiss* - Adrienne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment