Saturday, January 25, 2014

Positivity Boosters.

Lately, I've been seriously distracted by ANYTHING. It reminds me of when I was a little girl, that even when I wanted to pay attention to something that I was interested in, I would get distracted by even the simplest of things. Over time, I've learned to stay focused but recently I've been going a little out of my way.

Just a few hours ago I caught myself watching fan made videos about Tom Felton/Draco Malfoy set to pop songs like Cascada's "Bad Boy" (GOD, what is wrong with me?! Hahaha).

I started to wonder about the reason I may be procrastinating so much lately, and I came to the conclusion that I'm actually stressed out. Some times when we feel like we have too much on our plates we start making excuses for completing tasks at another time or simply not doing them. The root of this problem is that I'm stressed out and even though I know that, I still keep writing goals on my daily to-do lists and overwhelm myself with activities. And after I feel overwhelmed, I consequently start feeling the negativity invading my thoughts and actions. It is a terrible vicious cycle that has to be stopped right now.

So, at this moment I may need to relax. I feel like I can function better when I am calm and have a clear mind. There are a bunch of little things I like to do so I can relax for a while and then tackle my goals. Of course the first and main one is to write my thoughts down and go over them. Organizing my time and my tasks really does help.

Here are the other activities or "Positivity Boosters" that I think work best for me. Everyone can have different ones but the point is to find something that you like doing and takes your mind off things for a little while.



1. I'm a huge bookworm, and I really do believe in what JK Rowling once said; "Books are proof that humans can perform magic...". There is something so captivating about reading a great book and getting completely involved in the story. It's a great way to relax and put your real world thoughts on hold.

2. Indulging in your favorite drink is probably a great way to feel better. I for one, am addicted to Diet Coke, which I know is terrible but I'll stop one day, ha! Anyway, a nice cup of tea or coffee while you read can be just what you needed.

3. I know that taking naps can be complicated. Like when you wake up from one and don't even know what day it is. But if you schedule an alarm it can be pretty satisfying. Forgetting about everything for an hour or so can really make you feel ready to take on everything when you wake up.

4. Eat some chocolate. (WARNING: another Harry Potter reference.) I remember that in Harry Potter when a Dementor came around it was said by Lupin that if you ate some chocolate you would feel better. Dementors are like depression and they bring you down. Since chocolate is a natural mood booster it should definitely calm your nerves. Speaking from experience by the way.

5. Listening to music which you relate to or just LOVE can make you feel instantly better. Listening to something relaxing or something familiar can also boost your mood.

6. Pampering myself is something in which I really do spend a lot of time on. I like feeling clean and polished and that makes me feel relaxed. Taking a long shower or bath is such a luxury and I think everyone should take some time to do so.

7. Finally, watching one of your favorite movies or TV shows can also make you feel at peace. Since like reading, it takes your mind off any real life situations you may want to take a break from.

These are some of the things that help me relax, like I said they can be different depending on the person. Feeling well is something so important that I think it needs to take up more time in busy people's lives. Taking care of ourselves can sometimes be a little underrated.

*kisskiss* - Adrienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment