Saturday, June 14, 2014

Diet Coke.

If there's a fact about myself that I'm sure everyone knows is that I'm addicted to Diet Coke. It's not a real addiction strictly speaking, but I do drink way too much of it. I drink about 3 to 5 cans of it daily. And that's only right now that I'm not in school, but when I was in school I used to drink up to 7 cans a day. YIKES!





I am very aware that this habit is extremely unhealthy but I haven't had any alarming health problems because of it...yet. It seems that every time I meet someone for the first time and they find out about my "guilty pleasure", they ALL have a 5 minute pep talk about why Diet Coke is going kill me. I mean, I know it's terrible but bear with me, it's my own refreshing version of coffee! Although, I do drink coffee sometimes too.

What I think is funny is that many people point out that I'm technically ruining my body's system by drinking Diet Coke and that it would be better to switch to regular Coke. I mean, WHAT? According to most people, the reason Diet Coke is worse than regular Coke is that it has copious amounts of aspartame, which is a nasty substitute for sugar. But then again; aren't they equally bad?

Other people's opinions aside, I have lowered the amount of Diet Coke I drink everyday and I recently noticed that when I'm really thirsty, I now tend to go for water instead. Which in my case is a miracle, because I've never really been a fan of drinking water but I have been doing so lately. And because I like it, which is weird but great at the same time.

I will try to keep on drinking more water and maybe take up that 8 glasses a day challenge. But for now, I don't think I'll kick the habit that I have of indulging on Diet Coke, maybe later. I really enjoy my meals when I wash them down with DC, and isn't enjoying it the whole point?


Do you have a guilty pleasure?

*kisskiss* - Adrienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment