Saturday, December 28, 2013

Insomnia Blues.

I don't know if I've said this before, but I suffer from really bad insomnia. I don't even remember when or how it started, but I do know it's one of the very few things that make me feel powerless. I have such a hard time trying to go to sleep, that I have to take pills (which by the way are for treating nausea) so I can fall asleep. I could try taking pills that are purposely for falling asleep but I'm scared I'll develop an addiction. Still, I can't go one day without taking the ones I already do take, so I guess that's already done.

I can't understand how there are some people who go to bed at dawn and have no trouble waking up the next morning (cough, cough, my sister). I simply can't do that. If I go to bed late, I have to at least sleep a few hours.
One of the biggest concerns I have about this situation is that sometimes when I do go to bed reasonably early, I get woken up by my sister in the middle of the night. And trust me, once I wake up I have to start the process of taking pills/falling asleep all over again.

I really hope that this new year I will be able to go to bed early, sleep for eight hours like a normal human being, and wake up early in the morning. This is DEFINITELY going to be one of my resolutions. I think a good way to solve it will be by exercising daily. That is going to take a huge effort from my part.





What about you?  Do you have trouble falling asleep?

*kisskiss* - Adrienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment