Monday, December 9, 2013

New Year's Resolutions.

Everyone has tried at some point in their life to set a few New Year's Resolutions every new year. Maybe they don't strictly plan them out or write them down, but I think it's safe to say they at least think about those guilty pleasures and why they ought to stop doing them. Up until now, for me, it's not been really a goal. I really do have the good intentions of personal development, but when I say I am writing down my resolutions, I usually forget about them and never get to do them. This, I think, has a lot to do with setting unrealistic or too high expectations of change. I know, that I am capable of improving myself and I've certainly done it before. But I think the key here is BABY STEPS.

If you set resolutions that you know are too high for you to get done in a matter of days, you're most likely not to get around to getting them done.
So in the spirit of REALLY wanting to get rid of those terrible (and not so terrible) bad habits, set goals you know are realistic. Don't go to far. Well, at least that's what works for me.

This year, I think I'll have at least 3 main resolutions, and other small ones that are not so time-consuming. I am really excited for this New Year. I am always excited when it's about to be the New Year, but I think this year will have so much potential that I can almost feel it. I like believing in the significance of numbers. My favorite number is 7, and the separate numbers of 2014 add up to 7, so maybe it has something to do with that!
I love the holidays and am totally in the complete jolly spirit of it!




Do you already have your New Year's Resolutions?

*kisskiss* - Adrienne.

No comments:

Post a Comment