Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween Costume Update.

HALLOWEEN IS LITERALLY JUST AROUND THE CORNER PEOPLE! And I don't think I could be more excited. This is my favorite holiday, and I always have to get completely into it! That involves me eating candy like crazy, watching horror movies/tv shows, and making up Halloween playlists! (New post idea! Shhh!)

Back to the costume part, I DID get invited to a party this Halloween. Which is great, because I would've worn my costume here at home anyway, I guess. That's how much I love Halloween. I had a few options that were bouncing around my brain for months! But I finally decided on the best costume I think.

A 1950s party girl! In my opinion, the fifties were a decade filled with so much glamour, I just can't ignore it! Halloween is the ONE night you can dress up as anything you want and I really want to look like Ava Gardner or some goddess of the fifties! A friend asked me if I was going as a 1950s pin-up girl, and though it is similar, it's not the same thing. This is the pin-up girl.


Pin-Up Girl


Although it is a nice idea for a Halloween costume, I will not be going as this to the party. I chose the other "50s girl/lady" version. The glam one. The Silver Screen diva one. I just love it. 


Ava Gardner
                                                                                                                                                                Ava Gardner was so amazingly beautiful. I'd be stupid to not look for inspiration in pictures of her. She ALWAYS looked so elegant and sensuous, without being tacky! 
I already have most of my costume. A full golden skirt with a simple black top, beneath a faux fur black coat. A pair of satin black elbow-length gloves and a magnificent 1950s hair do! Oh, and I almost forgot my pair of black pointed heels! 
I am already so excited! I can hardly wait! 

What are you dressing up for Halloween? 

*kisskiss* - Adrienne. 

No comments:

Post a Comment