Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Halloween Playlist.


Finally, we're 1 day away from Halloween! As I have said before, this is my favorite holiday of all! Personally when October comes around, it's all good from then on; October, November, December and the January. I just love it.
Recently I've been listening to some spooky songs to get myself in the Halloween spirit. I made a playlist and since I think it's really good, I want to share it. If by now you're not feeling super excited then this playlist will hopefully make you feel "spook-tacular"! 

First off is "This is Halloween" from the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. This song is a classic. The lyrics are awesome and it's the kind of scary stuff which everyone can tolerate! It reminds me so much of when I was a kid, and I bet it will remind you of it too! 

"Twisted Nerve" by Bernard Hermann. This song is part of the Kill Bill soundtrack, as well as being featured in the awesome first season of American Horror Story. This gives me the chills because it's supposedly the song Tate whistles along to when doing the shootings. Whistling? That's creepy stuff...

Next is "I put a spell on you" by Creedence Clearwater Revival. This song has a lot of different versions. All of them are good, but I chose this one because Creedence Clearwater Revival is one of my favorite bands (I grew up on rock music, thanks Dad!). It makes me feel like some bad*ss witch or something!

"Black Magic Woman" by Carlos Santana. Another "witch anthem" and coincidentally, rock genre song! I love this song, Carlos Santana is just AMAZING. He makes you feel the magic! Carlos is also Mexican, so I'm proud! 

Tubular Bells or The Exorcist Theme. I am a hundred percent sure this song gives the chills to ANY alive person today. The classic suspenseful music is just creepy. 

"Don't Fear The Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult is a slightly less creepy or scary song. But I had to put it on this list. It's a song about death and The Grim Reaper. Which is just enough for it to be up here. 

"Halloween Theme" or "Michael Myers" I'm not sure what the actual title is, only that this song scares the living ... out of me. AND it's the theme song to the 1980s movie HALLOWEEN. It was obviously going on this list. 

"Thriller" by Michael Jackson. This is I think, a no-brainer. Come on, it's the scariest song in pop culture, and better yet, it's MICHAEL JACKSON. Ghosts and the un-dead dancing around, LOVE IT!

"Serial Killer" by Lana Del Rey. So I'm a sucker for rock music but I also happen to love pop music ok? This song is about a serial killer and Lana Del Rey's sleepy voice makes it feel real. Also, the lyrics are just genius. 

"Heads will roll" by Yeah Yeah Yeahs. The title of this song makes a reference to the act of beheading, so yeah, enough said. Plus it's super cool.

"Sweet Transvestite" by The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I love this song, and Tim Curry is just such a great performer. It's my favorite song from the classic movie, so it's up here. 

"Superstition" by Stevie Wonder, another no-brainer. This song is just pure awesome all the way through. Superstition has a lot to do with scary things, so yeah. 

"Disturbia" by Rihanna. This song speaks about losing your mind which is really one of humanity's worst fears. And, the video is just weird, which in this case's a good thing!

"The Addams Family Theme". I don't think there's someone above the age of 13 who doesn't know where this song is from. Is plain fun family-related fun!

"Witchy Woman" by Eagles. This song is really great, and AGAIN it's another song about witches. When you combine horror with rock, there is just so much win!

"Highway to Hell" by AC/DC. I know this has (almost) nothing to do with Halloween but it's AC/DC and it has the word "Hell" in it. That's enough for me. 

"Oh Death" by Jen Titus. This song is featured in one of my favorite TV shows; SUPERNATURAL. I love Supernatural and the song is scary. A part of the lyrics says : "Nothing satisfies me but your soul...". SCARY!

"Phantom Of the Opera Theme" by Emmy Rossum and Gerard Butler. I like this song so so so much. The intro part is the best! Suspense all over. I like the movie version, the actors happen to be really good singers!

"Psycho Theme" from the Albert Hitchcock movie. This is the most classic horror song EVER. Everyone relates to it when something scary happens. 20 missed calls from mom???!!! *ENTER PSYCHO THEME* 

All these songs make up my Halloween Playlist. What did you think? Creepy enough? CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW!!!!!! 

*kisskiss* - Adrienne. 


No comments:

Post a Comment